Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

While I'm Chicago this weekend, I'm going to have breakfast with one of my dear friends. It's her birthday weekend, so of course I'm going to make here a felted clutch. I'm pretty busy this week, but I managed to work on it last night and finished it today during lunch. Here is a finished picture. It's knit out of Reynold's Lopi.

I felted it and it turned into Grimace. (You know, it's kind of hard to take pictures in my kitchen that conceal the mess.)





This is what was left in my washing machine.

Now, this clutch was made with the exact same pattern as this one. They look like two completely different patterns. The tan one is much smaller and more square. This one is larger and more trapezoidal. They were knit with the same needles and felted for roughly the same amount of time (2 cycles). I knew they would be different but not so different. My theory is that the difference occurs because the KnitPicks yarn is 3 ply and the Lopi is single ply. I don't know what else is could be. Once it dries, I'll take a picture of them together.
PS...I love my washing machine for felting. If I leave the lid open then the washer stops after agitation. This allows me to walk away and do something and not have to concentrate on the felting. It also lets me reset the cycle from the beginning so I conserve water.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home