Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A combination of a crazy work week, and beautiful weather has kept me away from the blog. Spring is starting in the KY.


We went to Nashville yesterday to see 300 in IMAX. My husband has been talking bout the movie for 2 months. I surprisingly liked it (although I did have to turn my head for some of the gore...I could never go into the medical profession). Then we went and "pet" the stingrays. For an extra $2 you could feed them. So we bought some dead fishies. When you hold up the fish for them, they come up the side of the tank and eat them. One of them was pretty excited and flapped his wing sending a wave of fish water right in my face! I was drenched. It reminded me of the time when we went to Sea World when I was little and a walrus spit on my dad. My family must have some weird nasty marine animal curse.

Anyway, here is a picture of one of the Idiots eating peanut butter off his face. we had most of the windows in the house open today and they barked until their hearts' content.



I finished the bottom of the wave bag today. I brought for the drive to Nashville. I started knitting it in the round, while the whole time saying to myself (and others), "Self, this doesn't look right. When we got home last night, I looked a little more closely at the pattern and realized that the bottom is knit flat. I'm an idiot.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said...

I'm a little hesitant to see 300 because of the gore. I'm not really a light weight but then again I kind of am.

It's totally awesome you got to play with sting rays! I went to an aquarium a couple months ago and an otter scared the crap out of me. I don't think I'll go back. Though, my favorite animal is the manatee. Okay too much rambling. Thanks for the comments, I'll be visiting your blog again soon ;D!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home