Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tonight I went to trivia night at the Elks club in support of the United Way. It was a lot of fun. We came in 4th, with perfect scores in both the plants/trees and movie categories. We were done in by sports and geography.
So, last night I met one of the couples that we were going to trivia with for the first time (he works with my DH). The woman said that the last trivia night they went to was at the Catholic school. She said that she won a nun statue that reminded her of Mother Theresa and how odd that was. I looked at her a busted out laughing because it obviously had to be a statue of Mary. And I couldn't stop laughing. Now I feel bad. I don't know, I grew up in a predominately Catholic family (my father's side who I grew up with, although I went to the church my mother went to) in town that is primarily Italian with the other big nationalities being Puerto Rican, Irish, and Polish. (I'm, two of those...guess which?) So, for some reason, the lack of knowledge of the Catholic church in the south still baffles me. I know some people who believe that it is a cult.
Please tell me I should stop feeling bad for having a laugh at this poor girl's expense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home