Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

This weekend was a yarn buying weekend. Since Thursday night I have bought 20 skeins of yarn in five different types. I bought the Goshen for Sahara and some sock yarn for my SP from Webs and 10 skeins of different Crystal Palace yarn at my LYS. I bought eight of those skeins to knit this blanket for a friend who's having a baby shower at the end of April. They decided they aren't going to know the sex. I hope these colors work.

The other skeins of Crystal Palace are for my SP. I hopes she likes them. I really wish I could post pictures of the package and handmade card I sent my SP on Saturday. I'm very proud of it. I promise to post pics after the exchange is over.

I finally finished the first sleeve of Wicked today. Now, you might remember that I started the sleeve last week. Well, I finished a long sleeve this morning an tried it on. It looked horrible! The sleeve had no shaping. I followed the instructions, which don't say anything about shaping. I really should have known better and shaped anyway. I guess the the sleeve was OK, but with the sweater being so fitted, it looked weird with a straight long sleeve. I didn't want to redo the entire sleeve (I'm ready to be done with the sweater already) so, I decided to make the short sleeve version. Here's a picture of the finished sleeve.For good measure, here's a picture of one of The Idiots sleeping on her newly washed dog bed.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home