Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Big Knitting Weekend

It was a wet spring weekend and Greg was out of town, so I watched bad (and good) TV and knit away (when I didn't have a migraine). Last weekend I knit up a Debbie Bliss Baby Shrug and a pair of booties for a baby shower. I blocked the shrug and knew that there was no way that I'd get around to seaming it up, if I didn't bring it to Sit'n'Stitch on Friday and get some help. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.



Then while at Sit'n'Stitch I continued to work on my Pomatomus Socks. These things are easily kicking my ass! I've spent longer on this single sock then I have on any sing PAIR. It's not because the pattern is hard (it's actually pretty intuitive), but because I keep on making stupid mistakes (like slipped stitches or forgetting yarnovers) and having to rip back. Anyway, I still love them...




...but, they frustrated the hell out of me and I had to put them down for the weekend. Instead I started my Sock Yarn Blanket. A whole five squares. Until now I didn't realize that most of my socks are blue. Weird, considering that most of my stash is purple.



I joined the Guilty Pleasure/Good Karma Swap. In it you buy your partner high-end yarn and other little luxuries and the relieve the guilt by kitting for the Warm Woolies Charity. My downstream partner is Jacqui. Bought her yarn yesterday and I really think she's going to like it. I off course had to get free shipping so I ordered myself some Zen Yarn Garden Merino Tencel Sock Yarn in Orchid & Lilac. Bad yarn dieter, bad!. So, anyway, I knit up two and a half hats from leftover yarn (mostly Cascade 220). I'm loving all the bright colors. Do you think three is enough?



Oh, and I'm going to see The Yarn Harlot on April 9th. Don't hate!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home