Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Visitors

We've had a couple of visitors over the last two weeks. First we had a squirrel who fell all the way down our chimney and was stopped at the flue. Greg had to suit up in two pairs of leather work gloves, his work coat and safety glasses to go in there and fetch him out. I told him that he better not get bitten, because then we'd have to go to the emergency room and explain what happened. Here is a picture of the squirrel while it was behind the flue. I tried to get a picture of Greg holding it, but it was covered in soot and screaming bloody murder. Did you know squirrels can scream? I sure as hell didn't.



Then yesterday I came home and The Idiots were going nuts. I walk in the door and the phones ringing. It's one of our neighbors telling us that they had a lost dog show up in their garage. The thought to themselves "Selves, those people down the street have a few dogs, it must be there's." So they put in our backyard. Then they told me "Well, if it's not yours you can just let it go and hopefully it will find its way home." That's not going to happen. I've called a couple of vets and the Humane Society today and nobody has reported him missing. I wanted to take him to the Humane Society today but it closes at 3:30 (WTF?). Hopefully I'll be able to sneak out of work for a little bit tomorrow and bring him. There is absolutely no way we can keep him. Three is already WAY too much and he's a jumper.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home