Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Out of Town, Again

I had to go out of town again this week. This time it was for a workshop in Oak Ridge. While I was gone we were hit with a pretty bad ice storm. I got back on Wednesday afternoon and here is what our back yard looked like:
However, we were pretty lucky. We had some extensive branch trimming done in the early winter and that really saved us. Our neighbors, not so lucky:
They has so many large tree limbs fall that they couldn't get out of their driveway. But, thankfully, no house damage.

While I was stuck in my hotel room, I just about completed (I didn't bring my sewing needles so, I couldn't kitchener the toe) what I'm calling my Not So Matching Socks. The colors pooled completey different on both socks. Don't you hate when that happens.






On Wednesday I had to stay in town until the late morning to hedge my bets against the winter weather. I stopped by The Yarn Haven and picked up some yummy All Things Heather superwash sock yarn in Empress.

I think I'm coming down with the flu that is going around. Greg had it three weeks ago and I didn't catch it, so i thought I was safe. But, now I'm starting to feel sick. Not a good sign.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home