Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Virtual Vacation Swap

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
I don't know if there's any state that stands out. I LOVE the Florida Keys and got married in Key West two years ago.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I would love to go on a safari in Africa (preferably a country not currently having civil unrest), or go to Fiji or Java and stay in one of the resorts where your hut is over the water. As for reasons, they are both things I've never done before. I dislike zoos because I pick up on all the nervous behavior of the animals (pacing, attacking windows). I want to see them in their natural environment.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
I driven the entire Eastern seaboard of the US (from Key West, FL to Maine). I driven into Canada but, only for day trips.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
Nope, but I'm trying to convince my husband to take a vacation in Belize this fall.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
It was my wedding/honeymoon in Key West. We rented a one bedroom house with it's own pool. We lazed around most days, went snorkeling, ate excellent food, and swam in the pool every night.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
We just moved to Kentucky in September. But, we have gone to Mammoth Cave, which is touristy.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
All three. Beach, museum, then amusements.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
I like most yarn. Right now I'm fascinated by the bamboos.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
Fun Fur.
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I like to knit everything. However, I have fully decided if I like socks that need to be handwashed.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
I like to bring stuff on circs when I fly. I can do just about anything in the car.
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
rubber stamping, card making, wine drinking (yes, that is a craft)
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
Burt's Bees chapstick, pine nuts, and penicillin (Not that I expected you to send me pine nuts or penicillin.)
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
My favorite color is purple. My favorite color combo is purple and lime green. I look horrid in corals.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Hard question...I think both and sometimes at the same time.
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
I hate all things banana and I'm not a big fan of melon scents.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I am not a fan of Burt's Bees products either ;-)

I am really starting to love the color combination of lime and pruple. I think because it is a conbo of my kids favorites as well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home