Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Bags, Bags, Everywhere

First, I have to say a big THANK YOU to my Spring Felted Bag Exchange Secret Pal!!! I got the coolest package in the mail today. It had two back issues of Vogue Knitting, a cute little peridot cupcake, a mini sock keychain, and some of my favorite candy. The candy was promptly given to my husband to hide because I have absolutely no will power over strawberry Twizzlers. He hides it and doles it out to me in normal human increments. Seriously, I once ate so many strawberry Twizzlers in one sitting that I vomited. That's how much I love them.


Last weekend I finished knitting my bag for the SFBE. I finished sewing it up last night and it's ready to be felted. We have A LOT of laundry to do so it probably won't get felted until tomorrow. I really really wish I could post a picture of it; I'm kinda proud of it. I'll be sure to take a picture before I send it off. Today I went to Hancock's (the legendary Hancock's of Paducah, not the chain) to buy a lining for the stained glass felted purse. That place is so amazing, I was totally overwhelmed by choices. But, I think I picked one that suits it. I'll post pictures once I get the bag together.


Also, I bought all the yarn for my International Tote Exchange IV purse. I'm having the handles special ordered, so I should have them in a few weeks. I'm really liking the color combination. From looking at my person's blog, she seems to be into brighter colors. I hope she likes it.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger jopal said...

Beautiful colors. I amsure your partner will love it>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home