Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bad Bag

Dear Spring Felted Bag Exchange Spoilee,

I am so sorry. You're bag has not turned out well. It looks very cute but, is completely non-functioning. The front and back flop around and there is no way anything can be stored in it. I brought it to Sit'nStitch last Friday and all the knitters hemmed-and-hawed about it. We came to the consensus that the Rowan pattern book placed the bag in such a way that the flaws couldn't be seen. We discussed various options for ways to easily fix the flaws, everybody had an opinion. However, I believe that it has come to the ultimate option; knitting surgery. I will be performing the surgery today. If this last resort fails, I still have two skeins of the main color and about a half of skein of accent color to make a new bag.

Apologetically,

Kristan

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger km said...

I was just trying to figure out how to say the same thing to my spoilee. Mine was a felting accident. I shrunk 3" more than it was supposed to in height...and 3" less in width. I'm sad I tried a new pattern, and I may have to knit a whole new bag. In that case, I'll be late in getting to the post office. So, you're not in this boat alone. KM

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jessi said...

Same here - well, sort of. Mine didn't come out as I had planned it but it still works well for what I had intended it for.. so, it's ok. just not what i had in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home