Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Monday, April 09, 2007

I got three unsolicited compliments on the wave bag today! I also got a lot of questions about the socks I'm knitting while I was at the doctor's office. I love unsolicited compliments. I like to reply "Thanks, I made it."

Anyway, I tried a new recipe for Easter. It turned out pretty well, so I thought I would post it here.


Apple Glazed Turkey Breast
Bone-In Turkey Breast Sized to Fit Crock Pot (I used a 5.5 lb)
kosher salt & pepper
4-6 apples peeled, cored, and quartered
1/4 cup apple cider
3 T brown sugar
1 t ground ginger

Rub turkey with salt and pepper. Place apples on bottom of crock pot. Place turkey on top of apples. Combine rest of ingredients and pour over turkey. Cook on low for ~12 hrs. Baste occasionally.

After it was done, I took some of the drippings and added 3-4 T of flour to make a quick gravy. (More flour will make it thicker.)


My husband recoomends that the next time I make it I stuff the cavity with an onion.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home