Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

So, I finally did it. I learned how to knit socks! I broke down at Sit'n'Stitch Friday night. Just a simple ribbed sock. What could it hurt? I'm not even in love with the color or the yarn, I was told that it is a good yarn to start off with. I'm not going to become a sock addict, right? Right?We went to Mammoth Cave today. It's the longest cave in the world. It has over 370 miles of known caves. We took a 4 mile tour. It kicked my butt. The description said that it was physically demanding and they weren't joking. The first part of the trail, I was like OK, I'm in shape, this is like a brisk stroll. Then, after lunch the "demanding" part hit. It was all up the stirs, down the stairs, up the stairs, up the stairs, up the stairs , down the stairs, up the stairs... I definitely got my cardio on. And, I totally blame my windedness on dehydration (yeah, that's it, dehydration).

This is one of the entrances to the cave.

This is a cool pictures of stalactites. They've put new lighting in the caves which makes pictures a lot easier to take. If you were there, you would say that they looked very alien like.

And, of course, since it was a 3 hour drive each way, I brought the socks. Here is a picture of the first time I tried it on. (I'm so happy I had a pedicure.)
And, here's a completed picture. Finished with 20 minutes to spare. (Notice the White Castle cups. My husband has this weird obsession with White Castle. Every time we pass one on a trip we have to stop. Then I have to put up with White Castle gas for the rest of the trip.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Chloe Fletcher said...

what yarn are you using for the socks? just curious.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Marcy said...

I love your CLUTCHES!! I'm a knifty knitter. Was the clutch pattern in the 1 skein book? I wonder if I will be able to do it on my KK. Very CUTE! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home