Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

I can't believe it's finally, here...The day I get the hourglass sweater off my needles. Now, it' snot 100% finished; I still need to do the armpits and fold and sew in the ends (and block, of course). But, it's off my needles!!! Here is a very unflattering picture:



(notice the string hanging down the side.)


Tomorrow I will start Wicked. It calls for a long-tail cast-on, which I had never done. So, I decided to knit a washcloth today and go to Knitting Help to learn the cast-on method. Here is a picture of my washcloth so far:


Here is a picture of my long-tail cast-on. I'm pretty proud of it.


I made my favorite crock-pot recipe, Turkey Chili, for dinner tonight. I decided I wanted to share it with everyone. It is award winning (first place out of five entries), you know.

Kristan's Turkey Chili
2 cans kidney beans 2 cloves garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes 2-3 T chili powder
1.5 lbs ground turkey 1 t pepper
1 small onion 1 t cumin
2 T olive oil salt to taste
cook turkey in a large saucepan with olive oil. Dice onion and mince garlic. Add all ingredients to crock pot.
low 8-10 hrs
high 3-4 hrs
I find that is especially good if I prepare it the night before, refrigerate it, and then plug it in the morning.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Yummo -- good job. Smells great too as I'm knitting away while watching my current Netflix. Thanks!!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Make this for the chili contest next year - but be careful bringing it to work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home