Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Secret Pal 10

No knitting today. However, I must tell you something extremely funny that happened tonight. We were sitting on the couch watching last night's episode of Rome. One of the Idiots was lying next to the couch. I heard him licking and lapping but, I thought he was licking his own paw/leg as they are all prone to do. Well, I pay more attention and realize that he's eating something. I look and see a long trail of the boucle I hate trailing across the room. He's eating the yarn! I excitedly tell my husband what he's doing. My husband starts pulling and pulling. He ends up pulling, no shit, 6 feet of yarn out of The Idiot's mouth!!! You could totally tell that the last few feet were in the stomach. It was gross, but I couldn't stop laughing. I was in tears.
good thing I was about to throw the yarn out.

Anyway, I joined the Secret Pal Exchange 10. I have to answer all these questions. Here goes:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like to knit with most yarns. I'm not a fan of acrylic or *fun-fur*. (I always think fun fur needs jazz hands or Just-Jack hands when it is said.)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my straight needles and goodies in an Elisabeth Austin Needle Case my husband got me for Christmas (Yea, him!). I store my circs in the Webs case that hey came in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about a year. I seem to be a very ambitious knitter. (My third project was a sweater.) I consider myself intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like fruity berry things, but not melons or banana!!! I also like sandalwood, vanilla, and lavender.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love strawberry twizzlers and those little hard candies that are wrapped like strawberries. I hate hate hate banana candy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do rubber stamping and card making. Although I don't scrapbook because I have no life.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like everything but country and bluegrass. I have an iPod.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I heart purple. I don't hate any colors but coral looks horrendous on me.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married for two year, no kids, three dogs (collectively known as The Idiots).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don't wear ponchos. I'm too short and curvy.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like sweaters in the round. (Mostly because I hate finishing.) I also like knitting baby things. I like that they're relatively quick, but full items unto themselves.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm working on two sweaters (Wicked and Sesame) and trying to finish a whole lot of wash/dishcloths.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer bamboo circulars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No. I really really want them!!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
7 months. Mud Flap Girl Tank Top from Sticth'N'Bitch Nation.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, followed closely by Halloween.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Lady head vases. Sometimes you can see one as a backdrop in a picture. I also collect wine. (If keeping it in your house for two days before you drink it is considered collecting.)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I want Knitting Nature. However, I'm holding off until the next printing when hopefully most off the erratum are fixed.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I have an enterlac pattern I want to try. I think it may be a little over my head for now.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have not knit any socks. I'm a little afraid to. Not because it seems overly hard, but because it seems like once you knit your first sock, you can't stop.
23. When is your birthday?
8/20

I have one other thing to say. I am allergic to pine nuts. I know its a little odd thing to let you know. But, if exposed to them, the whole death thing can occur. I'm a little paranoid in that way.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

My godchild is deathly allergic to nuts of any kind. We have to go into restaurants to ensure they don't use nuts in anything before we take him in. He touches something grazed by a nut and he starts wheezing and unable to breath.

I am trying to decide if I want to participate in Secret Pal... Your questions/answers made me want to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home