Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

SP11 Contest #4

I'm finally doing one of the SP contests. I've been so stressed out about work, planning and taking a vacation, and running around like a chicken with my head cut off that I haven't been a very good blogger. (And, yes, I have received complaints.)

So, like most people, the very first thing I knit was a scarf. A new LYS opened in Knoxville and I decided that now was the time to learn to knit. I went there signed up for a class and with the help of the owner picked out a skein of Noro Kueryon. The class was on Tuesday, on Friday I was back at the shop ready to buy more yarn. That's when I learned that I was an extremely fast knitter. (Plus it makes me believe that wither my grandmother or a family friend taught me to knit when I was very young and I've completely forgot about it...same thing happened with ice skating, weird.)
So, anyway, here's the scarf:

Here's a hole:



The last thing I've made isn't too exciting knitting wise, but is a good thing to knit. It's a chemo cap made out of some of my leftover yarn. My LYS has charity sit'n'stitches with the last one being chemo caps. They will be donated to a local hospital.


How Ive improved my knitting? Well, by leaps and bounds. I am not afraid of any stitch or pattern. I've learned how to knit socks, lace, in the round (circs and dpns) and most importantly, I've learned how to correct mistakes!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home