Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Time to catch up/Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

So, I've been so busy this week, too, and it's time to catch up. First things first. I want to send a big THANK YOU to my Secret Pal 11 Secret Pal. You totally rock! Thanks for the stitch markers on my birthday and for sending my first package early to cheer me up.

Now, the other order of business to finally post my SP11 Questionnaire. (I know it seems weird because I've already received such cool packages, but the rules are the rules.)


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?


I like to knit with almost all fibers. I'm not a big fan of some of the acrylics-the stuff grandma used to make us stuff out of.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?


I have two needle holders, one for my straights and one for circs. I'm still trying to figure out a better way for my dpns.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?


I've been knitting for almost a year an a half. I am intermediate.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no5. What's your favorite scent?
sandalwood, lavender and vanilla. I'm not a big fan of melon.


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like strawberry flavored things. I really really hate banana flavored stuff. I'm going on a diet so PLEASE no more candy.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?


I don't spin. I do rubber stamping and card making (but not so much lately).


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)


I like everything except country & bluegrass.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love purple but like almost all colors except coral.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married with 3 dog (The Idiots).


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, fingerless gloves...no ponchos. I'm short and curvy.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now I'm on a bag and sock kick. But, has been over 100 degrees here for the past few weeks.


13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks for my sock it to me partner and a felted bag from the Sally Mellvile color book.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yes.


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I typically use my bamboo circs. and exclusively knot with wood needles. I'm trying to build up my collection of sock sized dpns.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I got a yarn winder for my birthday and the swift will be ordered soon.


17. How old is your oldest UFO?
about 6 months. Sesame from Magknits


18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and Halloween. I like to decorate.


19. Is there anything that you collect?
lady head vases, Steiff teddy bears, wine


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?


I would like the Interweave special felting magazine. Plus I would really like these patterns here.


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Enterlac.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I'm a size 7 shoe and my measurements are: Length of foot: 9.75" Circumference of ball of foot: 8.5"


23. When is your birthday?
8/20


24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?


Yes I just got on 2 weeks ago but have been too busy to upload anything. My ID is pantoufle.



Also, here is the market bag I finished for a friend this morning.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the market bag, it looks great!!! You sure have been busy!

SITM partner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home