Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekly Post

The SP12 question for this week is:

As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

For me it was running around barefoot. As a kid I hated wearing shoes. I would walk around all summer without shoes if you let me. And I was just running around in the grass barefoot. We lived nest to my dad's store, so I was walking around on the hot blacktop and pebble and occasionally would have to avoid the still light cigarette butts that people would carelessly throw out their cars.

It's a little ironic that now I am a shoe addict. But, I still have a little bit of that still in me. The first thing I do when I get home is take my shoes off. They end up all over the house and Greg hates it.


Also, I am currently working on two things that aren't socks! (I know can you believe it.) My cousin had a new baby so I'm making the Lace Edge Cardigan from Debbie Bliss Simply Baby. I'm also working on the Montego Bay Scarf out of the lovely HandMaiden SeaSilk that doxietrek sent me. It is such a simple repeat, but I quickly learned that I can't drink and knit it, I end up screwing up and ripping out my progress the next morning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a barefoot fiend as well!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jean in Georgia said...

oooh! Can't wait to see the finished scarf! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home