Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've made a decision. Since I have not found anymore Cash Iroha, I am going to frog the sleeves and knit them one size smaller. I'm hoping that I will then have enough yarn to finish the sweater.
My KnitPicks yarn finally arrived today!! I ordered in on 1/8, the last day that free shipping was on orders greater than $40. I'm surprised that it took so long to show up. Now, all I have to do is get the hourglass off my needles and I can knit WICKED!!
I finished the Idaho Falls book. It was pretty interesting. I can't believe how badly messed up those guys were. In one guy they found his testicle in his armpit. Gross! Anyway, the booked discussed the much bally-hooed murder-suicide that every nuclear engineer swears it was. I think that's one of the mysteries I'll find out the answer to after I die.

Here is a list of things that annoyed me from my trip home:

1. The two most vapid people in the universe flirting incessantly the entire flight between Memphis and Detroit. Statements I overheard included:

"The first cigarette you have after you get off a flight is the best because, you know, gravity."
"What is the state abbreviation for Missouri? MC? No? Then what state is MC?"

2. Going to the yarn store and asking if they had Cash Iroha #78 and the woman asking me to check ebay. (As if I haven't already set up an automatic email for whenever ANY new Cash Iroha is listed.)

3. Helping my mother and her husband set up their new computer. Having her husband get upset and want to return the computer because you couldn't just plug it in and turn it on like the guy at the store said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home