Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Monday, January 01, 2007


Well, I got a job in Kentucky, lived in hotel for a couple of months, bought a house, and our computer died. I started two projects, hourglass sweater and soft drawstring pouch, both of Last Minute Knitted Gifts, which I frogged. For Christmas, I did a couple of garter scarves, the kids color block cardigan and the felted striped tote from One Skein.

This is the color block cardigan in KnitPicks Sierra. I was so late finishing this that I did not have time to block it before I mailed it. I ended up doing the sleeve in the round.


When I told my mom that I learned how to knit, she told me that she wanted a felted purse. Well, here it is. It is made from Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. I totally stole the color scheme from a girl at the One Skein Knit Along.

My husband picked the Queen Bee hat from Stich'N'Bitch Nation as the hat he wanted me to make and he wanted it done in Knit Pick Wool of the Andes Mist. (As you can see with the above projects, I had to get the $40 purchase for free shipping.) I'm glad I didn't keep the hat a secret because my gauge was off and I had to rip half the hat TWICE to get it to fit correctly.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't let me put bee buttons on it!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bee hat looks great!!! I'm planning to make one too! Thanks for the inspiration:)

I'm curious what the "cont as est" means in the pattern abbreviations but I'll quiz my local knitting store staff later:)

Have a great week.

Leilani

PS. I found your site off the stitch and bitch website following your post and looking for more pictures:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home