Nuke Knitter

A Nuclear Engineer who knits? Go Figure.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I love love love the Noro Cash Iroha I'm knitting the hourglass sweater with. I love the way it feels in my hands, the pearly sheen from the silk, and even the soft fluffy slubs. BUT, I hate hate hate that the slubs always are biggest when I have to do an increase or decrease. (Is this just me?)
I'm only about 3/4 the way through the second sleeve and I only have two skeins left. The color I've been using (78) seems to have been discontinued in 1845 and I can't even find it on ebay. I have almost resigned myself that I will run out of yarn before the sweater is finished. How come I always finish the projects for other people, but never finish the one for me.
I started sesame yesterday. I'm flying to CT tomorrow to visit the fam and my lil'bean, Jack. I'm never able to start a project on the road. I always end up ripping it out and not having the one thing I need to continue on. So, this time I've hopefully learned my lesson.
Also, I've added wicked to my list of things to knit. Damn you Sexy Knitter's Club!! As soon as I get the hourglass off my round needles, I'm starting. My KnitPicks Swish Superwash in Truffle should arrive tomorrow in the mail (after I'm gone...poop). In order to get my $40 for free shipping I order two skeins of WoA in Taupe and one in Mauve. After the resounding success of the clutch I made for our admin, I think it will become a standing female present.
I got three books from Amazon today and I guess they prove what being a "Nuke Knitter" is. If you can't read the book in the front, it is the story of the first nuclear reactor accident. Yeah, I'm a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home